Thursday, March 12, 2009

After the Heart

Here's my deep thought for the day which is coming in between wiping butts, snotty noses, scrubbing dishes, folding laundry and cooking up some butter beans and chicken. I am not sure if it is deep or wide, but it is something I am chewing on. It's one of those "aha" moments that happens in a flash, but I know if I grab it and chew on it for while, it might just change something in my little heart.

When we hit a crisis in marriage or a relationship we are usually after something…

Truth

Repentance

Confession

Real Communication

Time

An apology

A change

A chance to explain

A place to run

Someone to vent at

A person who will take the blame

Validation

Understanding

I've found that the only way to get THROUGH a crisis, conflict, question or pain is by mashing Jesus right into the midst of it. This solution always has a way of getting down to the root of the issue, because Jesus is after the heart.

My aha....Chasing after the heart of the matter is not nearly as important as chasing after the heart of the person.

It's the grace of love



1 comment:

  1. GREAT thought! Thank you! I needed this blog today...going off to meditate on it but more importantly on Jesus right now!

    ReplyDelete