Saturday, January 31, 2009

HONEY LOVE EXTRAORDINAIRE



After much request....here's the buzz;

THE Honey Butter Recipe unveiled


Every year during the Christmas Season, chickadee extraordinaire Nyla, and I whip up a batch, or 3, of Honey Butter to bestow upon our blessed friends. Seriously, I do not want to toot our horns too loudly, but Barefoot Contessa step aside (snap) and make some room because the chefs are in the house. (whoop).

This Honey Butter is, hands down, one of the easiest and most delightful gastronomical food gifts to make. It meets with rave reviews and when I say rave... people, I am talking "oh my goodness, this is so stinking delightful I'd give my gallbladder for more. (Hey .... maybe that's what happened to mine).

Be forewarned: family members have been known to go banshee bonkers when they find the jar empty and friends will beg you for years to come for this gourmet secret. I have ALWAYS managed to put them off, BUT this season, whoowie and boy howdy, there were some per-sis-tent ones, whom I love deeply....SO unfurled for all to see and make I give you

(drumroll...with a little, teensy weensy show from the horn section please)

HONEY LOVE
Honey Love Extraordinaire

1 1b butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
1 cup cream (heavy)
1 cup honey
Dash of salt (dash = 1/8 tsp)

Bring sugar, cream, honey and salt to a LIGHT boil.
Turn off burner, cool this mixture a bit.
Add vanilla.
Then add butter and whip until creamy.
Pour into containers (I use small glass containers)


This is great on toast, waffles, ice cream, dip for apples or just on your finger.
It does need to be refrigerated, but will last for some time in the fridge. You may see some separation - no worries, just mix it up and enjoy.

Be released all you honey aficionado's everywhere.

Go - fly, fly my friends.

2 comments:

  1. I just laughed out loud! Hillarious, and I'm guessing that the nummy honey butter is from the par-tay.

    A Friday morn around 10 or 10:30 ish would work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I guess it's alright with me that you POSTED OUR SECRET RECIPE FOR ALL THE WORLD TO SEE...not that you needed my permission since it was given to you as well!!! I think "gastronomical food gifts" was my very favorite line. :) Search no further for the name of your first cook book!

    ReplyDelete